Authorized Access ID Cards
(Updated Application Procedure – Effective 6-9-2020)
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the expiration date of 2019-2020 Access Identification Cards issued to attorneys for admission to court
facilities through employee entrances is extended. Attorney Access Identification Cards featuring a gray stripe are now valid through December 31, 2021.
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, applicants are no longer required to appear in person for a photo. Access identification cardholders are permitted access to
the Allegheny County Family Law Center via the “Authorized Persons” entrance located at 550 Fifth Avenue and the Allegheny County Courthouse via the entrance in
the courtyard located on Ross Street. The Courthouse entrance is open to employees and cardholders at 6:00 a.m. Monday through Friday.
The updated application procedures for security identification access cards are as follows:
- Submit a photo of yourself, along with a photo of your license to practice law in Pennsylvania, with bar number, to attorneyIDs@alleghenycourts.us.
- The following information must be included in the email with your photo submission:
- Your first, middle and last name;
- Name of law firm, if applicable;
- Your address, including street/city/state/zip code;
- Your email address; and
- Your telephone number.
- Checks in the amount of $10/renewal, $30/new ID, payable to Allegheny County, should be mailed to the address below. Please indicate “ID Card” in the memo line of your check.
Authorized Access ID
Attn: Gina Urbanski
437 Grant Street
300 Frick Building
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
- Following receipt of your photo, identifying information, and check, you will be notified when your security identification access card is ready for pick up.
By requesting an ID card through this process, you agree to the following:
- I am an attorney with an active license to practice law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- I shall use the authorized identification card to gain entry to the Authorized Persons Entrance only to conduct professional, not personal, business.
- I acknowledge that the authorized identification card is non-transferable and thus, restricted solely to my use.
- I shall always display my authorized identification card to Allegheny County Safety and Security Officials upon entry to the Authorized Persons Entrance.
- I shall abide by all security policies in effect, including, but not limited to, the conduct proscribed by 18 Pa.C.S.A. §913 (Possession of firearm or other dangerous weapon in court facility).
- I must report a lost or stolen card, in writing, to the District Court Administrator.
- I acknowledge that any violation of security processes may result in suspension or termination of my authorized access.
- I must promptly report, in writing, any change in status as an attorney licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania not subject to public discipline and/or disability to the District Court Administrator.
- I acknowledge that any policy or procedure with respect to use of the Authorized Persons Entrance is subject to change, without notice, in the discretion of the President Judge and/or County Executive.