Civil | General Motions Information
Hours to present motions 9:30 & 1:30
Local Rule 208.3(a)(4)
- For any General Docket case that is not on a published trial list, motions and petitions
relating to the following matters shall be presented to the Motions Court:
- opening or striking default
and confessed judgments;
- requests for preliminary or special injunctive relief;
NOTE: Enforcement of a court order providing preliminary or special injunctive relief
shall be presented to the judge who issued the court order.
- relief provided for in replevin actions under Rules
of Civil Procedure Nos. 1075.1 to 1086;
- relief provided for in the Rules of Civil Procedure
governing enforcement of money judgments (Rules 3101 to 3291) except for discovery
in aid of execution which is presented to the Special Motions Court;
NOTE: These matters are presented to the Motions Court for all General Docket cases,
including cases that have appeared on a published trial list.
- requests to proceed in forma pauperis in General Docket
and Arbitration proceedings; and
- continuances of any arguments on the General Argument
- In any General Docket case that is not on a published trial list, any motions that
are not required to be presented to the Special Motions Court (see subdivision 5(a)
of this Local Rule) or to the Motions Court (see subdivision 4(a) of this Local
Rule) may be presented to either the Motions Court or the Special Motions Court.