Pretrial Services | ARD Probation Program
The Allegheny County ARD Probation Program was designed to supervise the first time,
non-violent offender who has been given a second chance at having a clean criminal
record. Participants in the ARD Program are expected to serve a term of supervision
under the condition that they will complete a set of stipulations as ordered by
the Court. Terms of supervision are in increments of six months and by law shall
not exceed two years. Conditions of supervision depend on the charged offense and
may require the offender to complete one or more of the following:
- DUI classes
- Substance Abuse Treatment
- Community Service
- Domestic Abuse classes
- Anger Management classes
- Retail Theft classes
- Mental Health Treatment
- Court Costs
The ARD Program also provides the Court of Common Pleas an avenue to dispose of
cases in an efficient and cost-effective manner. Briefly, the goals are as follows:
- To provide the first-time, non-violent offender an opportunity
to have their criminal charges expunged.
- To hold the offender responsible while providing him/her an
opportunity to atone for his/her criminal behavior.
- To provide the offender with treatment options.
- To restore the financial burden incurred by the victim(s).
- To foster judicial economy.