Adult | Pro Se Assistance Program
Assistance with Preparing Pro Se Motions and Petitions
- Volunteer attorneys from the Family Law Section of the Allegheny County Bar Association,
law students and other volunteers offer assistance with preparing, serving and presenting
motions and petitions. Family Division staff will not give legal advice to
those utilizing this assistance.
- Any individual who meets the financial eligibility guidelines,
is not represented by an attorney, and wishes to present a motion or petition to
the Court, may consult with one of the volunteers/attorneys available on Tuesdays
- Individuals can sign-up on Tuesday or Thursday at the Information
Desk on the 1st Floor, Family Law Facility, when the doors open at 8:00 a.m.
Persons seeking assistance will generally be seen in the order in which they sign
up. The number of people who can be seen each day is limited. Individuals
seeking assistance must have:
- Proof of income (pay stub, bank
statement, access card, unemployment/workerscompensation/social security information,
tax return, W2, or any other income documentation available.
- All pertinent court documents/court
orders regarding their case
- The address of the other party.
The number of people who can be seen each day is limited to 20.
- All individuals are required to provide information, and bring with them, all documentation
regarding involvement, if any, with Allegheny County's Office of Children, Youth
and Families ("CYF").