Fifth Judicial District of Pennsylvania
County of Allegheny
Child Custody | Home

Walk-in/filing hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00am-4:00pm

Phone Hours: Monday through Thursday, 9:00am-11:45am and 1:00pm-3:00pm Friday, 9:00am-12:00pm

The Mission of the Child Custody Department is to address custody disputes with the goal of providing resolutions for families that reflect the best interests of children. We embrace a progressive philosophy that encourages parents and caregivers who are best equipped to make decisions for their children to do so. The Child Custody Department ensures timely management and resolution of custody cases, oversees the Generations program, and designs and implements substantive programs that enhance daily operations and streamline services for clients.

The Generations program is a custody education and mediation program that includes an education seminar for adults, an interactive group for children and a mediation orientation session. This high-quality program encourages party-driven resolutions as an alternative to the litigation process, which may be lengthier, costly, and emotionally draining for parents and children.

The information contained on these pages is not intended as legal advice and should not be used instead of consultation with an attorney who can represent your interests in these matters, if you choose to retain one. Court staff is unable to give you any legal advice. Please contact the Lawyer Referral Service at 412.261.5555.