Juvenile Probation | Mission Statement
||The Mission of Juvenile Probation is to reduce and prevent
juvenile crime; promote
and maintain safe communities; and improve the welfare of youth and families who
are served by the Court.
The principle beliefs supporting the Mission are:
- The disposition of juvenile offenders always takes into account
the best interest
of public safety.
- Juvenile offenders be held accountable for the harm they cause
to individuals as
well as the community at large.
- The primary objective of treatment is to improve and develop
the juvenile offender’s
- Community residents and organizations be actively engaged by
the Court in a cooperative
effort to seek solutions to juvenile crime.
- Excellence in the quality of Court services requires sensitivity
to the racial,
ethnic, and cultural diversity of the client population.
- Victims are an integral part of the justice system and should
have their rights
protected during all phases of the Court proceedings including the right to be heard,
notified, and restored.