Remote Discovery Court Procedures
The Court is hearing Discovery Motions via Microsoft Teams. Please use the form below and follow the instructions set out herein.
- All communications must email all parties in the matter. Parties should also provide a personal contact number to the Court in the event the Court must use conference calling or needs to speak to a party.
- All Motions must be accompanied by a Remote Discovery Motions Form.
- All forms must be fully completed, and all contact information must be provided, or the motion will not be heard.
- Upon receipt and review of your form and motion the Court will contact the parties with a time, date, and conference information. This will come in the form of a Microsoft Teams Meeting Invitation. Your motion will be scheduled a minimum of ten (10) days in advance in order to comply with notice requirements unless all parties agree to waive. Waiver does not guarantee an earlier date.
- If your Motion resolves prior to your hearing, please notify the Court immediately so the slot may be freed for another party.
- The Court prefers parties to appear by webcam if possible. This is for the benefit of our Court Reporter.
- All parties must be informed of all proceedings. If an email address for a party is unknown the moving party must inform the Court in its initial submission and verify/attest the conference information and contact information for the Court shall be communicated/placed in the mail to the party within twenty-four (24) hours. Parties who do not abide by
this procedure risk rescission of any Order resulting from their conduct and/or sanctions.
- All Discovery communications and questions must be sent via email to: Civildiscmotions@alleghenycourts.us