REQUIREMENTS OF CONSTABLES TO WORK FOR THE COURT
- Be certified by the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and
Delinquency/Constable Education Training Board (PCCD/CETB.)
- File a $2,000 bond in the DCR, Criminal Division if work in a second or third class city (Pittsburgh, Clairton, Duquesne, and McKeesport).
- File a $1,000 bond in the DCR, Criminal Division, if do not work in a city.
- Maintain liability insurance of $250,000/per incident; minimum aggregate of $500,000/year and must submit proof of that insurance coverage to the DCR, Criminal Division.
- Maintain a valid and current Pennsylvania driver’s license and business automobile insurance on any vehicle used for Court work. The absence of a driver’s license does not preclude a deputy constable from working with a certified constable or deputy constable as a partner, so long as the unlicensed deputy constable does not operate a motor vehicle.
- Maintain at all times standard communication equipment such as a cell phone, land line phone, fax machine, e-mail address and/or pager and provide pertinent notification information to any Court from which s/he works so that the Court may contact the constable.
- Maintain current address information with the DCR, Criminal Division; Controller; and Magisterial District courts from which s/he works.
- Maintain current vehicle information as required by the Allegheny County Jail. A logbook will be kept at the ACJ Intake Area. Attached hereto and labeled “Appendix E”.
- Maintain all required and ongoing certifications, including firearm training, if carrying a firearm.