Pretrial Services is responsible for providing timely information to assist the court in making decisions regarding bond, competency, and treatment, and for promoting offender compliance with court orders and appearances.
Pretrial Services is comprised of the following units and programs:
- Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD) Unit Designed to supervise first time, non-violent offenders.
- Alcohol Highway Safety Program (AHSP) The AHSP administers Court Reporting Network evaluations, Interlock Services, Prevention Services, and Alcohol Highway Safety School.
- Bail Investigative Unit – conducts initial investigations at the Allegheny County Jail
- Bail Court Liaison Unit – responsible for presentation of bail matters to the court
- Pretrial Supervision Unit – supervises defendants who are court ordered to pretrial supervision.
Behavior Assessment Unit
- The primary function of this unit is to determine a defendant’s competency to participate in his/her legal defense.
Interlock Program Ignition
- Interlock Services installs and monitors devices that are placed into motor vehicles, prohibiting individuals that are under the influence of alcohol from operating those vehicles.