The Allegheny County DUI Alternative to Jail program provides an educational alternative to jail or house arrest sentence for individuals convicted of operating a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs. Successful completion of this program will satisfy your sentence with respect to incarceration as well as required classes and treatment. Please print the DUI Alternative to Jail Reporting Requirements form for completion.
The following requirements must be completed before you will be scheduled to participate.
• You must contact your Probation Officer within 30 days by calling directly, if you have the phone number, or by calling 412-350-2320.
Court Reporting Network (CRN) Evaluation
• Contact the CRN office at 412-350-4632 to schedule an appointment. Inform them that you are a DUI Alternative to Jail Program participant.
• Payment of costs is not required at the time of your CRN Evaluation.
Drug and Alcohol Assessment
• Upon completion of your CRN Evaluation, you will be provided with Drug and Alcohol Assessment agency details.
• The total cost of the Drug and Alcohol Assessment is $100 and is payable to the agency to which you will be assigned at the time of your CRN Evaluation.
Alcoholics Anonymous (AA)/Narcotics Anonymous (NA) Meeting
• You are required to attend six (6) AA/NA meetings and have the verification form completed before participation in the DUI Alternative to Jail Program (see reverse side).
• AA/NA meeting locations can be obtained by calling 412-471-7472 or visiting the
Alcoholics Anonymous website at www.pghaa.org.
Pay DUI Alternative to Jail Costs
• Within 60 days of your sentencing hearing, all costs associated with the program must be paid in full. Failure to pay within 60 days will be considered a probation violation and will result in a mandated court appearance.
• The cost of this Program is $500 for double occupancy rooms and $850 for private rooms (limited availability) and is all-inclusive. The program fee covers all treatment sessions, meals, and hotel accommodations.
• Payment in the form of a personal check, money order, or cashier’s check is acceptable. In the memo portion of the check/money order, write your case number and the words “DUI Hotel Fee.” Payments must be made payable to “Allegheny County” and mailed or delivered in person.