To file Exceptions to a Support Hearing Officer’s Recommendation
- 20 DAYS TO FILE EXCEPTIONS: You have 20 days from the date of the mailing of your Report and Recommendation/Interim Order to file Exceptions.
- FORM OF EXCEPTIONS: Exceptions shall be substantially in the form as provided for under Pennsylvania Rules of Civil Procedure 1910.12(f).
- FAILURE TO FILE EXCEPTIONS: Pursuant to Pennsylvania Rules of Civil Procedure 1910.12(g), failure to file Exceptions shall result in the Interim Order becoming a Final Order.
- ORDERING THE TRANSCRIPT and PAYING THE TRANSCRIPT FEE: Prior to filing the Exceptions, you must Order the transcript of the hearing by contacting the Office of the Court Reporter.
- To order a transcript for exceptions, complete aTranscript Request Form and submit it according to the instructions.
- The court reporter assigned to transcribe the hearing will call with an estimate of the cost to transcribe the hearing. You must let the court reporter know at this time whether you wish to order the transcript. The hearing will not be transcribed until payment is made. If payment is not made, the exceptions may be dismissed.
- Checks or Money Orders are to be made payable to “Allegheny County”.
- SEEKING A WAIVER OF THE TRANSCRIPT FEE: If you feel that you are unable to afford the Transcript Fee referenced above, please prepare a Motion for Transcript Fee Waiver and include the Motion for Transcript Fee Waiver along with your Exceptions, when your Exceptions are filed. Please attached proof of your income to your Motion for Transcript Fee Waiver.
- MAILING EXCEPTIONS: Exceptions may be mailed to:
Family Law Center
440 Ross Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
- EMAILING EXCEPTIONS: Exceptions can be emailed to: email@example.com
- BRIEFS AND ARGUMENT: The Court will contact the parties regarding the filing of briefs and the scheduling of oral arguments